The Phoenix Audio “Nice DI” is a high-quality, active, Stereo DI, with Class A, discrete, high-impedance inputs (10M), and Class A, discrete, transformer balanced outputs. The Phoenix Audio Class A, all discrete, Stereo DI has been tested and used by many professionals in studio recording environments. And the comments are always the same…”This is the definitive DI!!!”.
The DI’s characteristics are very noticeable on any input source, and is superb for “sweetening” the output from DAW or any other signal source. The overdrive is fantastic, the guitar sounds clean, clear, and un-restrained. The result is a brighter, clearer sound. A transformation of your instrument. And a STEREO unit for the price of many mono units.
- Class A Stereo DI Output specs.
- Gain range : 30dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20Khz +/- 0.5dB
- Maximum Output: +26dBu @ 1Khz
- Noise: –90dB @ 22Hz to 22KHz
- Advantages: The Class A DI has a very high input impedance (10Mohm), without the use of FET’s. This means that the guitar pickups are not loaded as with a lower impedance input, and so allows every transient to be reproduced, making even a cheap guitar sound exceptional.
- Inputs: 1/4″ jack (TS) input on the front panel
- Output configuration: Transformer isolated, balanced output (XLR) on the rear panel and a 1/4″ jack (TS) unbalanced output on the front panel.
- Other features: Stereo Unit with independent gain control, mains operated, switchable input voltage (110/220Vac)
- All units are wired with PTFE insulated, silver-plated military grade cable